Monday, March 9, 2015

Win-Win


If you know David and I well, you may know that David and I debate his clothes...often more than I EVER imagined a parent could. I used to question my sister and niece on how a parent could have these discussions with a child so young. Then, I got my medicine - a boy who is very particular about what he will (and won't) wear. We debate sleeve length on a cold day, and shirt collars or not on Sunday mornings. (Thankfully Janelle, the daycare director, came to the rescue on wearing short sleeves on cold days -- Just bring a sweater or fleece to keep at the daycare, so if he has short sleeves and gets too cool, he can just put it on. GENIUS!) The latest challenge is that David picks out the clothes, but then won't wear them. On Saturday, we stopped at the OshKosh outlet and he picked out a shirt with a collar AND A BOW TIE! So I made a deal that he would wear it on Sunday to church and if he did, he could play with finger paints. We both won the deal and David claims he even wants another bow tie to wear, but I don't think I should push my luck. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment